[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 03:50:42 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Charles O'Hern <charles at office.tcsn.net> wrote:
> On 4/14/11 9:29 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:
>> Is this AC rule even valid?
> The PDP doesn't seem to include (I couldn't find mention of) a rule to limit the AC's ability to create rules for the members of the AC.

I would suggest certainly rules the AC creates for their own members can't
change the PDP itself, unless the AC has authority to change or override
the PDP, without the BoT's approval,  which  (last I checked), the AC cannot
change the PDP in any way.

That is, if the AC creates a rule that AC members shouldn't weigh in
or be counted
on petitions,  that's not part of the PDP, and  if an AC member
deliberately breaks
the AC rule  and files a response to support a petition,

The member's response _must_  still be counted,  despite them breaking the
internal AC rule,  and AC has no authority to stop  their response to
the petition
being properly counted,  after they made it.

It would then be up to the AC to execute (internally) any warranted actions or
penalties against their member that violates the AC's rules for members,
if they should choose to do so,  and if they have authority to enforce
their rule.

If not, then the AC body can express their displeasure,  but  cannot change how
petitions are counted,   without the BoT approving of their rule by accepting
revision to the PDP itself.....

--
-JH