[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Fri Apr 15 19:06:04 EDT 2011

On Apr 15, 2011, at 5:27 PM, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> On 15-Apr-11 16:28, Benson Schliesser wrote:
>> This press release does not indicate that Microsoft followed the NRPM transfer policy.
>
> The press release explicitly states "Microsoft has followed the Internet
> community's adopted policies for such transfers" and "The transfer of IP
> resources to Microsoft took place using this relatively new policy."

There is enough uncertainty that it's worth asking - it is very easy to spin things in a press release.  The announcement does not explicitly say that all of the blocks are being transferred per policy.  And, perusing the amended documents (filed with the court), I already see a couple possible departures from the NRPM language.  Thus my request for clarification.

Cheers,
-Benson