[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Apr 15 17:24:30 EDT 2011

In a message written on Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 08:34:51PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> https://www.arin.net/about_us/media/releases/20110415.html

I'm glad to see Microsoft is bringing these IP's into the fold,
which I presume also means they have demonstrated need as the policy
requires.

However, the result to me is even more confusion.  If Microsoft
could demonstrate need they could have gotten the IP's from ARIN
under the usual fee structure, which if the reporting is right is
significantly less than what they paid.  Microsoft is smart enough
to not over pay for such things.

I think there's still an untold story in this transaction.