[arin-ppml] Preemptive IPv6 assignment

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Fri Oct 15 09:51:44 EDT 2010

<SNIP>

>> So now we are going to put people on some kind of "guilt trip"
because
>> of our decisions.
>
>Brian,
>
>Guilt trip? Heck, I don't care if the latecomers harm themselves with
>their deployment choices. I do care if they harm me. I hope you care
>if they harm you.
>
>If you have to bend over backwards to continue talking to them on
>IPv4, it seems to me like that harms you. You don't agree?

No. I will not have to bend over backwards to continue providing the
same services that we have done for over a decade. :-)

I simply don't see any real harm, only an implied harm with no fact to
back it up, at least not for me and I suspect some others as well. I
also oppose assigning a resource without the recipient asking for it.

- Brian J.

* Please note that all list members and archive readers may consider
themselves Recipients of this message, in reference to the appended
disclaimer.  (I don't add it myself and can't control it, sorry.)

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
copying, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.