[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-12: IPv6 Subsequent Allocation - Last Call (text revised)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Oct 13 18:19:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> To clarify, the /24 maximum and the designated block apply ONLY
> to subsequent allocations for transitional purposes. Subsequent allocations
> for native IPv6 deployment are not restricted or encumbered in any way
> other than the standards set forth in existing policy.

Ah. In that case, I OPPOSE draft policy 2010-12 as written.

I would support a revised version that applies the /24 limit to any
subsequent allocation _for which the prior efficient utilization
requirements have been waived_, regardless of whether its for
transitional technologies.

Regards,
Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004