[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - October 2010

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:11:08 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Hannigan, Martin <marty at akamai.com>wrote:
>

>>  This proposal is on the agenda of three other RIR forums at the moment.
>> LACNIC next week, Rome after that and AfriNIC following that. Making a
>> major
>> modification at this point is a problem as was demonstrated with 2009-06,
>> and holding it up for a non context impacting clarity concern doesn't seem
>> reasonable all considered.
>>

> How likely do you think it is that we might see some edits come out of
> those meetings?  If there are any such edits, I'd like to be able to make
> them in our region as well, without having to start the process over again.
> That is part of the reason I'm reluctant to send it to the board before the
> other regions have come to some sort of a consensus with you on language...

And if anyone else has any input on that, or on the larger issue of what to
do with a global policy that's passed in our region but then modified in
other regions, I'd love to hear them.  I know this has been a topic of
discussion at other RIRs (RIPE comes to mind), but we haven't really
discussed the issue here in the ARIN region.  We didn't really have a chance
to discuss this in our AC meeting, either, so I of course am not speaking
for the AC, and don't know whether anyone else on the AC shares my concern
or not.

-Scott