[arin-ppml] Opposed to 2010-9 and 2010-12

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Oct 13 10:19:23 EDT 2010

> +	We should make strong efforts to communicate and preserve
> 	the notion that this is a transitional and therefore temporary
> 	solution. That last mile technologies must catch up and
> 	provide reasonable and workable native IPv6 solutions.

If you apply for an ASN successfully, you get an email that says,
ARIN has allocated an ASN for you. When you pay the bill, we will
send another email telling you what it is.

So, for 6RD allocations how about sending an email that says
ARIN has allocated an IPv6 allocation for you to use with 6RD
and when you return the attached document with the signature
of a company officer, we will send another email telling you
what your IPv6 allocation is.

The attached document will be an undertaking to use the allocation
only for 6RD and similar transition technologies and to provide
ARIN with an annual report on the status of the organization's
transition to native IPv6 services. The undertaking will define which
things must be reported in the annual report and some of those
things will be published by ARIN. Other will be kept confidential.

The idea of the annual report comes from the NANPA phone number
allocation system which requires recipients of an NPA block
of 10,000 numbers to provide annual public reports detailing
how many numbers are assigned, unallocated, and in limbo waiting
for a certain number of months before being assigned to another
subscriber.

--Michael Dillon