[arin-ppml] Preemptive IPv6 assignment

Brandon Thetford brandon at dodecatec.com
Fri Oct 8 09:44:07 EDT 2010

>> Agreed --  assignment is not deployment.
>>
>> What I do think about preemptive assignment is that there are quite a few
netadmins who would experiment with something they happen to already have
and are just not motivated to >>jump through the hoops to get an allocation.

>can I point you (and these netadmins) at tunnelbroker.net? mr leber runs a
very nice service, with your ASN (or not) you can get a /48 routed down a
tunnel to you for this very purpose.

Yes, but this also comes with the need to renumber once you finally get a
"real" allocation, down the line.  That alone may be enough to scare some
off until an alternative, more permanent solution is available.

-Brandon