[arin-ppml] Preemptive IPv6 assignment

Knight, Brian Brian.Knight at us.mizuho-sc.com
Thu Oct 7 16:27:46 EDT 2010

Gary,

> >Maybe we could consider auto assignments to all new applicants for
> >ASN's as well?
>
> Not everyone who has an ASN necessarily wants the expense of
> their own block (consider end users).

End-users with an ASN do not pay anything extra in maintenance fees for v4 or
v6 ranges.  It is a flat $100/year charge for all ASN's and assigned
provider-independent ranges under a single OrgID.

https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html#end_users

If the registration fee for a v6 range were waived for ASN holders, the total
NRC and MRC would be $0 for that v6 range.

-Brian

* Please note that all ARIN PPML list members and archive readers may
consider themselves Recipients of this message, in reference to the appended
disclaimer.  (I don't add it myself and can't control it, sorry.)
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments,
if any, are confidential. It is neither an offer to buy or sell,
nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, any securities or
any related financial instruments mentioned in it. If you are not
the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete
it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail
message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Unless otherwise
indicated, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in
its contents are the sole property of Mizuho Securities USA Inc.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required
please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should
check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no
representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory
compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we
may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from our server(s).