[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 123: Reserved Pool for Critical Infrastructure - revised

Hannigan, Martin marty at akamai.com
Sun Nov 21 16:11:53 EST 2010

On 11/21/10 8:53 PM, "Scott Leibrand" <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this policy is only really needed if we pass 122?

No.

>As I read it, CI needs can be met under 4.10.

A /10 even under the broken conditions of 4.10 is not a lot of ipv4 address
space. It's risky to assume that CI needs will be met under 4.10. This seems
like a perfectly reasonable risk to at least help near-zero the risk to CI
from an addressing needs perspective. At least theoretically.

> I agree this is needed if we pass 122,

Ditto.

> but wondering if there's reason to pass
> 123 as a standalone policy (as it seems a lot less controversial).

I think we should pass it regardless of 122.

With respect to your comment re: 122 being controversial, you ought to
discuss that in the thread related to 122.

Best,

-M<