[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 122: Reserved Pool for Future Policy Development

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:20:07 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 23:09, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> ARIN received the following policy proposal and is posting it to the
> Public Policy Mailing List (PPML) in accordance with the Policy
> Development Process.
> Policy Proposal 122: Reserved Pool for Future Policy Development

While I can see the appeal of saving the last space "just in case",
I would only consider supporting a reserved pool if it came with
a (not too far out) sunset date after which any reserved pool would
return to (unreserved) normal status if no follow up policy proposal
could achieve consensus.  One should not get unlimited trips
(and time) to the trough while others have a documented need
for the resources.

Gary