[arin-ppml] REQUEST FOR ARIN STAFF Was: Re: Policy Proposal 120: Protecting Number Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Nov 9 14:50:30 EST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Chris Grundemann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 09:11, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>
>> A summary is presented at each ARIN meeting during the Registration
>> Services report: https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXVI/PDF/Friday/nobile_rsd_update.pdf
>> (slide 4)  This is a total cumulative slide and reflects space in
>> /16 equivalents; we can work on getting a more granular breakdown
>> if that would be useful.  This has lines for returned, revoked (for
>> non-payment), and reclaimed (generally due to fraud).
>
> A great start - seeing this broken down per-year would be helpful I
> think. Something similar to the requests received and issued graphs
> but with returns, reclamations and revocations.

Will do the full table by year for future reports.  In the meantime,
here's the breakdown of revoked space annually for your use:

2004:  29.00 /16s
2005:  14.61 /16s
2006:  14.01 /16s
2007:  30.50 /16s
2008:   8.45 /16s
2009:   8.37 /16s
2010*:  5.84 /16s   (*through Oct 31, 2010)

Total: 110.78 /16s

Best wishes,
/John

John Curran