[arin-ppml] Low Utilization.

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Nov 5 09:16:18 EDT 2010

In message <92568641-795E-47D6-BC67-5EAC01BB124F at arin.net>,
John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>  Low utilization does not create number resource fraud, per se,

I understand that.  Yes, low utilization doesn't create fraud per se, however
if somebody came to you and obtained X (e.g. a /19) by making representation
Y to you (e.g. we're gonna have 300 more customers and 10 additional routers
within six months) and if it turns out that representation Y was just bullcrap,
told to you to get you to part with resource X, well, then, that is pretty
much the dictionary definition of fraud.

You can call it whatever you like, but it is still fraud.

>> And as I also asked you in private e-mail (also without any reply) does
>> ARIN care about and/or will ARIN _do_ anything about deliberately fradulent
>> sub-allocation WHOIS records?
>If a party requests address space based on fraudulent data, we are very
>interested.  Please report such.

Sorry, but I have to ask... Does what you just said answer the question I
asked?  If so, how?  (Help me out here.  I guess that I'm a little slow on
the uptake, because I actually can't quite decypher how your answer relates
to the question I asked.)

Regards,
rfg