[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2010-10 (Global Proposal): Global Policy for IPv4 Allocations by the IANA Post Exhaustion - Last Call (text revised)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Nov 1 22:04:08 EDT 2010

On Nov 1, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

>> While other regions had a very modest number of legacy assignments to be
>> brought under clearer contractual relations, the quantity of legacy
>> registrations in the ARIN region make this process much more challenging.
>> Current statistics on progress in this area may be found here:
>> <https://www.arin.net/knowledge/statistics/legacy.html>
>>

> What's breakout of v4 prefixes not associated with an RSA or an L RSA?

Marty -

At present, we can only provide a partial answer with respect to legacy resources not under LRSA or RSA.  We know the inventory of Legacy resources, and can provide a breakdown for all those number resources under LRSA because we specifically track those prefix counts.  We can provide a breakdown of legacy resources not under LRSA by subtracting those LRSA counts from the inventory count, and that is attached below.

Unfortunately, we have not historically associated the agreements with the number resources in the database, and that precludes our generating a breakdown of those Legacy resources which have been brought specifically under an RSA agreement.  We are working on changing that, but first must transition to newer database schema, phase out the older templates and SWIP processing system, etc. all as discussed in the ARIN Atlanta meeting.  This work is on-track for early next year and includes indexing the number resources associated with each LRSA and RSA.

So, attached is the breakdown of legacy resources not under LRSA.  These are active (i.e. assigned) resources only; they do not include resources in the returned, revoked, or hold status.  Again, some of these legacy resources may by under RSA at the request of the holder (either moved under an existing RSA as a result of merger/transfer or by entering an RSA before the LRSA agreement was available) -

Number of Prefixes NOT under LRSA  |  Prefix Size

  33    /8
   1    /9
   3   /10
   4   /11
  13   /12
  29   /13
 112   /14
 183   /15
5263   /16
 246   /17
 476   /18
 730   /19
 767   /20
1055   /21
1519   /22
2644   /23
20062  /24

I hope this proves helpful in the policy development process!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN