[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - May 2010

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Tue May 25 16:12:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:08:59PM -0400, Member Services wrote:
> After last call the following draft policy remains on the AC's docket,
> because it did not receive the required number of votes to move to last
> call (The AC established a standing rule in January that requires an
> affirmative vote of the majority of the members of the full Advisory
> Council regarding any final action on draft policies):
>
>   2010-2: /24 End User Minimum Assignment Unit

I'm a bit confused by this result.  The PDP suggests that the AC may
take any action it likes at the end of last call, and a vote of support
seems reasonable, but this action feels like a non-action.  There was
fairly clear consensus on this proposal at the last public policy
meeting, and the AC did move it promptly to last call status.

I will also note that section 4.4 of the PDP states: "Within 30 days
of the end of last call the Advisory Council determines consensus for
each draft policy by reviewing last call comments, revisiting its
decision, and determining readiness for consideration by the Board of
Trustees."

Can someone from the AC identify some specific reasons for not moving
this proposal forward to the Board?  The summary message didn't
indicate any specific reason besides a lack of votes within the AC.

Thanks!

-David