[arin-ppml] /20 initial allocation for single-homed server?

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon May 24 20:58:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com> wrote:
> No, no, and a million times no.  Policy like that completely disallows
> things like Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, hell even *IBM* from having a web site.

Perhaps you aren't understanding the meaning of the word "solely" ?

Of course IBM has many customers,  and can easily make an excellent
justification for enough ips   without using a  constructed
justification like
"Balance traffic out to hide my requests from spam/abuse detectors"

They also have plenty of network resources to use IPs with, to justify
their number.

Spreading traffic around is not a good justification in itself.
Unless of course you can provide technical justification for the need
to do so without involving  (A)    (evading IP-based spam/abuse
filters, rate limiters, blocklists, etc)

--
-J