[arin-ppml] Petition for advancement of Policy Proposal #112 to Draft Policy status

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jun 17 20:45:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Martin Hannigan <marty at akamai.com> wrote:
> On 6/17/10 2:22 PM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> 1. This is an elegantly simple proposal. It would serve well as a
>> proxy for whether *any* IPv4 reservation proposals are acceptable to
>> the community. Independent of support for the proposal itself, the
>> community should have the opportunity to offer clear guidance to ARIN
>> regarding the general class of reservation proposals as a whole. Prior
>> reservation proposals were too complex to clearly differentiate
>> between the folks who disliked the concept of reservation and the
>> folks who merely objected to the specifics.
>
> I thought that we already had a reservation proposal that had been accepted?
> 4.10  Dedicated IPv4 block to facilitate IPv6 Deployment
> No?

Point taken. Though I don't know how much community guidance you can
have received from a PPML discussion that primarily revolved around
metric versus imperial units of measure. Did even 10 people outside of
the board and AC offer germane comments let alone voice support or
opposition? AFAICT, 2008-5 slid under the radar.

> I think that you are wrong about this. My Blackberry address is owned  by
> RIM, not AT*T.

And mine is owned by Verizon. From just one of their blocks, a /9. I
do at least *try* to check my facts before posting them.

whois 97.240.162.37

OrgName:    Cellco Partnership DBA Verizon Wireless
OrgID:      CLLC
Address:    180 Washington Valley Road
City:       Bedminster
StateProv:  NJ
PostalCode: 07039
Country:    US

NetRange:   97.128.0.0 - 97.255.255.255
CIDR:       97.128.0.0/9
NetName:    WIRELESSDATANETWORK
RegDate:    2008-04-14

The blackberry claims it's also holding 206.51.26.162 from RIM but I
can't independently verify that...

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004