[arin-ppml] How bad is it really?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jul 14 13:41:58 EDT 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Dave Feuer wrote:

> So if you do send out an email to them for the 1000’s of subnets do you really think they are going to check each one or just blindly say “yes we are using it”.

To be very clear, we're emailing the POCs in the WHOIS database
them asking to confirm that the POC contact information is valid
per NRPM 3.6.  None of this relates to the validity or currency
of a particular reassignment record, only the POC contact info.

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN

p.s.  To answer an related query, the 33% validated rate is the
      combination of those who click "Correct" and those who
      clicked "Update".  It is entirely based on response to the
      URLs supplied in the POC validation emails.