[arin-ppml] Set aside policy?

Martin Hannigan marty at akamai.com
Wed Jul 7 13:46:04 EDT 2010

The idea is something along the lines of (and this is _very_ high level)

-Eliminate facilitation and provide for transition "transition pool"
-Continued adherence to the RSA and policy
-Utilization increased to 90%
-Demonstrate that previous assignments won't meet their need
-Require addresses only be used for dual stack devices
-Raised minimum allocation unit
-30 month look forward reservations
-"take or pay"; quarterly applications based on forward estimates, and only
the fraction for that quarter allocated. No application or fail to meet
needs analysis for a quarter = return of that quarter allocation to pool
-must have received v6 allocation and must be in use
-additionally received v4 address to transition pool
-officer certification

Best,

-M<