[arin-ppml] Use of "reserved" address space.

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Jul 1 13:15:39 EDT 2010

> On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>
> > I have to agree mostly with Milton here, also I'll point out that
> > recently ARIN joined the ITU and as the ITU is an agency of the
> > United Nations, ARIN has in some ways lost it's independence
> > from the government.

Ted, nice as it is to be in agreement, let me point out some facts about sector membership in the ITU.
Joining the ITU as a sector member means basically that you pay them some money (40k or so) and get access to their documents and certain meetings. I don't think it affects ARIN's legal or policy independence from govts.