[arin-ppml] V6 address allocation policy

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Thu Jan 21 03:57:55 EST 2010

> Why stop there? Obviously every box at the post office needs its own
> /48 and the ones at the UPS store should surely get two.

No, because the post office and the UPS store are single sites. They
would each have a /48 and how they number their boxes would be an
internal matter. I would expect them to use /128's per box, if and
only if, the boxes (or their locking mechanisms) become networked.
Same thing for the light bulbs but they would be on a different
/64 subnet.

--Michael Dillon