[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Feb 23 05:48:42 EST 2010

> One additional thought:  there's no hard and fast rule as to
> which has to come first: the RFC or the policy. An obvious
> objection to the RFC is that the RIRs haven't requested it.
> Having a policy in place for what to do with the numbers
> might help "grease the skids" for an RFC.

In this case there is. We don't know what /16 block will
be set aside for this use. That is the IETF's job, and in
doing that, they could make any number of other changes
to a proposal.

We really should not waste more time discussing this,
because if folks really want to do it, they can write
an Internet draft and take it to the IETF.

--Michael Dillon