[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

John Santos JOHN at egh.com
Mon Feb 22 17:43:19 EST 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> John Santos wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
>

> > People with private networks may not/probably don't have ASNs.
> >
> > Same for people with legacy class "C" addesses that upstreams
> > refuse to route, but which are extemely useful for private internets
> > because they can't collide with customer/vendor/peer internal addresses,
> > unlike RFC1918.
>
> if you don't adevertise it for log enough,chances are someone else will.

Huh?  If someone else attempts to use our IP addresses on the Internet,
they *will* see lawyers.

If someone pulls our RDNS and replaces it with their own, ARIN will
need to talk to their own lawyers about their failure to adequately
safeguard the network infrastructure, and what the consequences will
be.

If you are talking about anything other than someone hijacking our
network, then you are as clear as mud.

--
John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.