[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 108: Eliminate the term license in the NRPM

lar at mwtcorp.net lar at mwtcorp.net
Wed Feb 17 12:49:36 EST 2010

IMNAL!!

I find this whole thread very troubling. To those of us that have or are
affiliated with businesses where Internet connectivity is the core of our
business our IP numbers goes to the essence of our business.

Where you want to call numbers property or a virtual box of fairy dust the
facts are simple. The very real property of equipment and contracts we have
entered into that makeup a business and give it value, is dependent on those
numbers. Losing those numbers or even being forced to re-number into other
numbers destroys some or all of that value. When a company is sold, having
an outside party that can affect it's ability to continue as an ongoing
concern seriously affects the value of the business. "Standing inspection"
once a year is a burden that will fall most heavily on the smaller operators
that lack the personnel to stay ahead of the process. It is even more
troubling
when you consider that IPV6 lacks the scarcity that originally drove the
argument.

It seems that we need to do just the opposite to facilitate a growing and
stable Internet. So it appears taht the NRPM needs revision but prop108 is
very much the wrong one.

Larry Ash
Network Administrator
Mountain West Telephone