[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 108: Eliminate the term licenseinthe NRPM

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Feb 15 04:38:10 EST 2010

> > Which range of addresses do you propose to hand over to
> Canada as our
> > private property for the exclusive use of Canadian companies
>
> I believe Bill was talking about ownership by people, not
> governments. Providing for one does not in the least require
> the other.

How Canadians manage and divide up our share of the ARIN
address pool is none of your business. If we want the
government to own our IP addresses, that is up to us to
decide.

Did anyone else notice that the message referred to
here was a joke. Call it reductio ad absurdum if you will,
but please let it end here. Bill proposed a wild idea, and
I pointed out the absurdity that it implied. If you really
want to discuss Bill's idea, please go back to the source
and start from there.

--Michael Dillon