[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 108: Eliminate the term license in the NRPM

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Sat Feb 13 10:59:19 EST 2010

Rudolph Daniel wrote:

> I support this policy proposal in principle, however I am undecided on
> the wording. Example: I want to query the use of the word "normal"  in
> favor of " publication policy" . Does the use of the word "normal"
> invite questions about what is normal and what is not, in the event of
> future changes in publication policies?
> RD

Rudy,

It wasn't my intent to completely rewrite 11.4, I simply wanted to
remove the terms lease and license.  When I looked at it it seemed that
we could remove the one phrase without significantly changing the
policies intent.  I guess we could remove the word normal too, but this
doesn't real conform to the intent of the Policy Proposal, to "Eliminate
the term license in the NRPM".  Also, the more we change the more likely
we could have unintended side effects. But, looking at this I think we
could remove the word "normal" and not change the intent.

----

Modify section 11.4 by removing “on a lease/license basis” and "normal",
leaving the following;

11.4 Resource Allocation Term and Renewal

The Numbering Resources are allocated for a period of one year. The
allocation can be renewed on application to ARIN providing information
as per Detail One. The identity and details of the applicant and the
allocated Numbering Resources will be published under the conditions of
ARIN's publication policy. At the end of the experiment, resources
allocated under this policy will be returned to the available pool.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952