[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 108: Eliminate the term license inthe NRPM

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Fri Feb 12 13:46:56 EST 2010

> Unless this proposal was instigated at counsel's request, you
> may want to consider letting sleeping dogs lie. The US has a
> public policy tradition dating back to before there was a US
> that anything of value can and should be ownable and owned by
> everyday citizens. ARIN practice is out of step with that tradition.

Which range of addresses do you propose to hand over to Canada
as our private property for the exclusive use of Canadian companies
operating in Canada. We expect you to sign over ownership of
about 10% of all ARIN's allocation given that the population of
Canada is roughly 10% that of the USA.

You can expect our government to make this a formal request to
the President, as soon as ARIN has firmed up plans for turning
IP addresses into private property, as God made them to be.

--Michael Dillon,
Canadian citizen and founder of the CARIN' project.
The Canadian Association for the Registration of Internet Numbers
does ARIN "one" better, for carin' Canadians. Inuktitut translators
wanted for our trilingual charter.

P.S. If you don't believe that ARIN will retreat from the
position that IP addresses are private property, then you
can ignore the above, or treat it as a little northern
humour.