[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Feb 5 15:48:30 EST 2010

Yes,

When I said common pool I was referring to a common block of address
that both Internet connected and non-connected assignments would be
made.  Such that it would not be possible to filter the non-connected
assignments.

Or the other option is to have a block dedicated to non-connected
assignments that could be filtered.

cja at daydream.com wrote:
> I believe David's definition of a common pool were that they were out of a
> block with other similar but "connected to the Internet" blocks not that
> they were out of one unique block just for non-connected sites.
>
> ---Cathy
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM, George Bonser <gbonser at seven.com> wrote:

There is nothing regional about it, they would be globally unique.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952