[arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Feb 5 14:27:07 EST 2010

On
> Behalf Of cja
> Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 9:29 AM
> Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] IPv6 Non-connected networks
>
> I think a common pool is a good idea. It allows these non-connected
> networks to connect if their needs change and keeps them from having
> to get another allocation/assingment if they do choose to connect at a
> later date.

I also believe having non-connected networks out of a common pool is a
good idea.  For one thing, it allows two networks that are not connected
to the global Internet to interconnect without worrying about address
space collisions provided both networks got their addresses from the
same issuer.   I am thinking of it as a "regionally unique" address
space.

But if they were to retain those net blocks if they do become connected,
would that present some problems as holes would then have to be punched
in the "not connected to the Internet" block filters?

George