[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed Feb 3 11:29:45 EST 2010

Wow.  Thinking how much that would cost or what sort of staff it would take..  To pull random meaningless numbers out of my {hat} if there were 12000 PoC's and it took two minutes to check each PoC that would be about 10 man weeks (400 man hours) of ARIN staff and long distance time for each pass if everything went perfectly.

I suspect there are many more Poc's than that.  It's a nice idea but I don't see how it would be workable.

Personally I would not gripe too hard if there were a semi-annual refresh email with a 'click to verify' link that updated an entry in the PoC record.  Even that would add up to a lot of time invested by the community but not too bad individually.

Kevin