[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Feb 3 08:07:58 EST 2010

>    In the end though, when I SWIP IP's to a customer they are now the
>    proprietor of those IP's and I need to follow their instructions on
>    how those IP's are registered.  If my customer requests that I be
>    the tech or abuse contact and they are paying me money then I will
>    happily do so.  If they want to be the contact then that is how it
>    will be.

This describes a customer who is READY and WILLING to act upon
communications about network issues. It does not include ABLE, but
in any case, I would not want to see the ISP making the determination
whether their customer is ABLE or not. That should be done by ARIN,
perhaps simply by testing the contact info every 6 months. If they
respond, then assume that they are ABLE to act.

--Michael Dillon