[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Feb 3 07:57:13 EST 2010

> With my company....which is definately a real enterprise...
> you'll see our business contact info listed. If you hit
> those, you are NOT going to get a response outside of normal
> business hours.

This implies that everything is fine DURING business hours.
But that is not so. If the business is in Quebec, then during
business hours it will likely be answered in French, and if
you don't speak French, there will be a failure to communicate.
Even in the USA, there are businesses where people speak only
Spanish or some other language. Even a manned phone number is
not a magic bullet now that the Internet has grown to embrace
all aspects of human society. I wouldn't be surprised to find
that Innuit-owned businesses in Nunavut are online with their
own colocated server down south. Anyone you know who speaks
Inuinnaqtun?

--Michael Dillon