[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95:CustomerConfidentiality - Time Sensitive

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue Feb 2 22:00:22 EST 2010

> So, it is possible for a single colocated server to consume a /29.
> Not everyone does it that way, of course.
>
> --
>        Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org - CCIE 3440
>         PGP keys at http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/

It is possible for a PROVIDER to consume a /29 in providing a single
server.  The end user isn't issued a /29 for addressing their machines.
The end user in this case is issued a single IP address.

I am sure we can all make up wacky corner cases or twist things around
but that isn't what is at issue here, nobody expects perfection under
all cases.