[arin-ppml] Petition Underway - Policy Proposal 95: Customer Confidentiality - Time Sensitive

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Feb 2 11:27:35 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
> I would favor having AC meetings "open to the public".  To be clear,
> the public would be in listen only mode, they could not participate
> in any way, shape, or form.
>
> Sunshine can fix either of the problems here; if the AC is run amock
> the public will see it, and if in fact they are doing a good job,
> the public will also see that.

At the cost of a new problem: restricting the free discussion between
AC members. I would hope we can find a way to hold the members of the
AC more accountable for their choices without having to hold every
word they utter up for scrutiny.

Better yet, I'd like to see the board adjust the AC's process so that
they focus on their roles as *advisers* leaving fewer decisions for
which significant scrutiny is required. The AC should be advising, not
deciding. Deciding is what we have the BoT for.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004