[arin-ppml] Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

Jason Schiller schiller at uu.net
Thu Dec 30 15:14:29 EST 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

|The proposal as-is would also prevent transfers to entities that hadn't
|deployed IPv6. So there'd be *no* transfer market during this time... except a
|grey/black one.
|
|Matthew Kaufman

Yes i agree theer would be *no* transfer market during this time...
except a grey/black one...

but I am not sure what your point is with this comment.

Right now all IPv4 transferes require justified need.  As ARIN does still
fulfill requests with justified need, there should be *no* transfer
market.

The only people who are attempting to transfer space on the grey/black
market are those who can't actually meet ARIN's requirements for justified
need.

Are you argueing that we should have a liberal transfer market (no
justified need) like the APNIC region?  Or are you trying to make some
other point?

__Jason