[arin-ppml] *Spam?* Re: Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Dec 30 14:36:58 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
> On 12/30/2010 11:12 AM, William Herrin wrote:
>> Can you, like Jimmy just did, set aside your
>> objection to forcing IPv6 on people long enough to consider what the
>> least harmful way to do so would be IF it was acceptable to do so at
>> all?
>
>  it isn't at
> all clear that "forcing IPv6 on people" is appropriate

Then your answer is no, you're not capable of working the problem one
piece at a time? You can't help the prop 125 guys come up with the
least harmful force-IPv6-adoption proposal and THEN consider whether
the resulting proposal is still inappropriate?

Come on Matthew, tell me your better than that. Let's help the prop
125 guys find the least objectionable version of their proposal and
put off the talk about adoption or rejection of the general concept
until later.

Regards,
Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004