[arin-ppml] Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Dec 27 09:17:34 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
>4.1.4. IPv6 Deployment
>
>When addresses are used to provide an Internet facing service, the
>service must be fully IPv6 accessible (if you deploy an A record, you
>must also have a AAAA record, and both must answer).

I DO NOT SUPPORT the petition to move proposal 125 forward. Although I
support the concept of requiring IPv6 deployment in order to continue
consuming IPv4 addresses, this particular proposal is gratuitously
heavy-handed.

If a comparable proposal were brought forward which does not attempt
to micro-manage an organization's IPv6 deployment process, I would
support it and, if necessary support a petition to move it forward.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004