[arin-ppml] IPv6 Allocation Planning

George, Wes E [NTK] Wesley.E.George at sprint.com
Tue Aug 10 09:21:22 EDT 2010

As a representative of a company that successfully justified an ARIN IPv6 allocation larger than /32 several years ago, I would pose this question - what problem with the current justification/allocation process are you trying to solve with this? Are you just trying to reduce the instances where people would have to go back to the well for more (possibly non-contiguous) blocks because they either weren't forward thinking enough or good enough at spinning a believable story to justify a bigger chunk of address space? Or am I missing something else? I am not sure I follow your assertion about aggregation benefits, so I think your rationale would have to be more specific about how that might work, perhaps as others have said with more stringent requirements around block allocation and aggregation.
Also, how do you see this interacting with something like 2010-12 and 2010-9?

Thanks,
Wes George