[arin-ppml] IPv6 /32 minimum for extra-small ISP

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu Apr 15 13:24:16 EDT 2010

I'm basing my suspicion that years ago more didn't take a
full table mainly on my gut feeling, based on 3 things,
first that most of the BGP info and examples out there
that discuss partial tables date from years ago, second that
routers years ago had a lot less "uumph" (I've read postings
in the Usenet archives that state that people once did a
full BGP table for the Internet on a Cisco 2501, with filtering,
if you can imagine) and it appears that during the early
"commercial"  growth of the Internet during the 1995-1997
period that table growth outstripped the speed the router
vendors to come out with routers with more ram, and third
that the RADb project wound down during the early 2000s -
the only explanation for that is people didn't have to have it.

Ted