[arin-ppml] The role of NAT in IPv6

Gams, Matthew D Matthew.Gams at chartercom.com
Thu Apr 15 12:21:52 EDT 2010

There would be no need for upper levels to help out. Only during the transition would there be IPv4 only clients. They would still talk to the globally unique IPv4 addresses. However, once upgraded to IPv-X they would have the ability to use the other level prefixes to communicate. Biggest IPv6 problem is the lack of compatibility with IPv4.

Anyway, since we have IPv6 my main point is that keeping your private network separate from the public is more a matter of minimizing changes to your internal LAN during whatever need comes up.