[arin-ppml] ULA-C

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 7 17:17:31 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Chris Engel <cengel at sponsordirect.com> wrote:
> Speaking only for myself, I don't think the fee's I've heard thrown
> around (I think it was something like $1200 per year?) would
> present much of a stumbling block for most of those on the
> Enterprise who's addressing needs would actually justify ULA-C.

Needs? Justify? $1200? For ULA? Buddy, I don't think you quite get
what ULA is or what it's for.

All three of those are huge stumbling blocks to a ULA-C, and I do work
for a large enterprise which would have a use for registered ULA. ULA
is for everything from the coordinated enterprise WAN to the
independent 20-phone LAN installed by a particular office's vendor and
the VPNed "inside lan" for customer 4468's 3 servers. Like random ULA,
it's gotta be damn near grab and go... and $1200 is a non-starter.

-Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004