[arin-ppml] A modest proposal for IPv6 address allocations

Garry Dolley gdolley at arpnetworks.com
Sun May 31 21:56:59 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 08:49:21PM -0400, Joe Maimon wrote:
> So please put a nail into the mantra of registries not being involved in
> routing. It becomes rocket science and/or mind numbing effort to the point
> of impossibility to try to prefix filter the internet without some sort of
> clear guidelines and easy to follow heuristics. And they need to stop
> changing with the seasons.

I second this.

While some may argue, "no one is making you accept my route", it is
really impractical to try to police all routes and find which are
'worthy'

We need clear guidelines and easy to follow heuristics, exactly.

--
Garry Dolley
ARP Networks, Inc. | http://www.arpnetworks.com | (818) 206-0181