[arin-ppml] [arin-announce] Policy Proposal: Open Access To IPv6

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri May 29 17:11:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 02:04:31PM -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> We (my org) does not support this proposal as written.
> Take the 200 end site assignments.  Granted, we are an existing
> ISP so we can qual under the "known ISP" clause.  But, IMHO we
> ALSO qualed under the "plan for making 200 assignments" simply
> by virtue that WE HAVE MORE THAN 200 CUSTOMERS.
> So, please explain in any logical fashion why any network with more
> than 200 customers (or a plan for 200 customers in the next
> 5 years) thinks it cannot meet that 200 customer IPv6
> assignment requirement.

Not every startup company or educational network is going to have 200
customers, not necessarily even after several years.  Even NoX, the
Boston/New England area Internet2 PoP, only has ~25 participants.
Should they not be allowed to get a /32?

[1] http://www.nox.org/participants/