[arin-ppml] 2009-1 comment

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Thu May 28 13:27:21 EDT 2009

So long as there is free space available in the general pool then the
transfer applicants would be unaffected.  They would still be able to buy
and sell their IP's Making the transfer pool available to the general pool
would only come in to play post-runout.  What this would do is that post
runout organizations that do not have big bucks in their budgets will still
have a shot at the space.

If the only solution is to edge the small organizations out of competition
then that is no solution at all.  I would rather see ARIN drop out and
resource registration revert to government.  That is most likely what will
happen anyway when the market problems start cropping up.  There would be
much more red tape and rigamarole but it would be an even playing field.

Perhaps it is time for ARIN to be more aggressive in reclaiming swamp space.