[arin-ppml] Snork... Yawn... S'up?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri May 22 10:33:03 EDT 2009

In a message written on Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:22:54PM +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> So my query.  When will this accepted/adpoted policy be implemented?

Let me see if I can put the high points all in one place.

January, AC meeting: https://www.arin.net/about_us/ac/ac2009_0124.html

AC sends 2008-6 to the Board recomending adoption.

Februrary, Board meeting: https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/bot2009_0206.html

Board declares an emergency, edits the proposal, and adopts it.

March, Board meeting: https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/bot2009_0318.html

Board realizes what they did in February wasn't the right way forward,
and rescinding that effort.  Board introduces a new policy, 2009-1, via the
emergency policy process.

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-April/013483.html

Board extends the discussion period through ARIN XXIII

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-April/013615.html

Board issues a statement on the policy.

https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXIII/ppm1_transcript.html#anchor_4

Discussed at ARIN XXIII.  On the second day, the Board made a further
public statement:
https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXIII/pdf/tuesday/2009-1_update.pdf

In this statement they said they would direct staff to implement 2008-6
or 2009-1, per the outcome of the meeting, on June 1st.

The AC's meeting minutes from San Antonio are not yet reviewed and
posted, however part of the results are already public.  The AC put
forth slightly revised language to PPML and recommended the Board
use that: http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-May/013860.html

Hope that helps.