[arin-ppml] Will the price per IP really be affected bythetransfer market introduced in 2009-1?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu May 14 14:55:51 EDT 2009

Lee, your going to have to accept the fact that ANYTHING that
is posted on this mailing list that is even remotely related to
a transfer market is going to be hijacked for the ongoing
argument over HAVING a transfer market.  2009-1 was shoved
down our throats it was not arrived at by consensus, the
issue is BY NO MEANS solved.

> We each have to make our own decisions about how (and
> whether) to prepare for IANA to allocate its last address
> blocks.  We might make different decisions.

However, ARIN has only 1 response.  We can all have different
opinions yet still work together to create a compromise response.

That DID NOT HAPPEN with 2009-1.

Until the rupture that was created over the "emergency provision"
use is addressed during the next round of NRPM policy proposals,
some people are going to be a bit raw about this - and they are
going to vent.  You need to allow them to do it and if that bothers
you then go bitch to the Board for creating the problem.

Frankly, I think most people are deleting the posts on this
thread by now, so really, isn't it more convenient for the rest
of the list to have all the radicals confined to a few threads? ;-)

> And it also
> turns out that agreeing ahead of time how we'll all set
> pricing is against the law.

I know that.  I don't claim everyone else does, but certainly a
lot of people do.

I also know that the rules that a transfer market operates by
will affect pricing.  Not set, but definitely affect.

Ted