[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy - Revised andforwarded to the Board

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon May 11 13:43:14 EDT 2009

{SNIP}
>  _Anyone_ who is sure
> of what is going to happen is probably wrong, regardless of what they
> believe.  If you have such a great crystal ball, I suggest getting out
> of tech and investing in lottery tickets instead.

> --
> Stephen Sprunk         "God does not play dice."  --Albert Einstein
> CCIE #3723         "God is an inveterate gambler, and He throws the
> K5SSS        dice at every possible opportunity." --Stephen Hawking

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that if you add cost to a product that
cost is going to the end user.

It also doesn't take a crystal ball to see that if you create a global
commodities market that governments are going to take over and govern it.
It requires only trivial fortune-telling powers to see that once a (or
multiple) government organization(s) take(s) over management of the market
that they will tax it to fund the organization(s).

With ARIN we (who are ARIN) have some input in steering what the rules are
and how things are managed.

Governments are smarter than we are and will not need to ask our advice.
They know what is best for you even if you don't agree. Governments have
committees to figure this stuff out.  {smarmy sarcasm here for those of you
that didn't notice}

Kevin