[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy -Revisedandforwarded to the Board

George, Wes E [NTK] Wesley.E.George at sprint.com
Fri May 8 15:05:36 EDT 2009

Ted,

If "my phone" = the aforementioned Moto Q on the Sprint network, I can say with 100% certainty that you are *not* doing exclusively IPv6 on your phone today. WinMo6 does support 6to4 (2002:), and since we're assigning externally routable IPv4 addresses to our customer devices, it *should* be able to reach IPv6 addresses via 6to4 even though the underlying network doesn't support IPv6. It likely even prefers IPv6 addresses when they're available, but there is not a standard IPv6 address (2001: or 2600:) being assigned (yet), and certainly no IPv6-speaking device on Sprint's network that could seamlessly translate between IPv6 and IPv4, especially for things like SSH.
I *wish* we were that far along already and that it was working that well.

Wes George