[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2009-1: Transfer Policy - Revised andforwarded to the Board

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue May 5 18:36:59 EDT 2009

I have to cry foul with this.  There's been implications
of hoarding on this list and in the last meeting but I have only
seen a single allegation posted on this list of an illigitimate
IPv4 holding, and that was a year ago.  (and it wasn't a hoarding
situation)

Since true hoarding implies false data submitted for an IPv4
application, if anyone hs any concrete evidence that someone has
falsified an application then they should immediately post it,
as well as turn it over to ARIN's hostmaster.

We have no problems in the US with posting all manner of
discovered illegalities of companies doing actions like illegal
dumping, so I see no legal barrier to yelling foul if you
can prove that someone's cheating with an IPv4 application.

I agree that once an unrestricted transfer proposal is in NRPM that
it will be an incentive to hoard, but it isn't in the NRPM yet.
And once it is in, it will only be an incentive, we don't know
if people will actually cheat/hoard.

Remember, the people who are pusing this transfer thing are ALSO
waving around the spectre of hoarding as an emotional appeal to
try to get support for their transfer allowance into the NRPM.  Please
take the high road on this.

Ted