[arin-ppml] Effect of ARIN's Letters

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Fri May 1 15:10:22 EDT 2009

There's no need to force people to STOP using IPv4, since
that implies they already have it.  If they already have it
then it was assigned to them when it was available.

The issue is forcing people who have no connectivity at all
and who want to get it, to take IPv6 instead of IPv4.

Also, in our politically correct society, it's important to
understand that nobody actually SAYS right out that they are
forcing anyone to do anything.  They just raise prices, or
use other means which essentially forces the market, so that
they can protest that their hands are clean if anyone accuses
them of trying to force anyone to do anything.

Ted